We are now accepting applications for a Trainer Volunteer with our new program tagged “Make Her Space”. We urge you to share this information with anyone you believe will be interested in this information.
Start Date: April, 2020
Position Title: Trainer Volunteer
Supervisor: This position reports to Programme Manager, W.TEC.
A Trainer-Volunteer is responsible for teaching the ICT curriculum in the W.TEC MakerHer Space project, which will be provided by W.TEC to the selected students in the allotted school for a period of 4 months starting from April, 2020, with the possibility of extension beyond then.
The MakeHer Spaces project teaches girls to create technology and engineering-based solutions that solve problems in their communities, provide information about career options and expose them to women working successfully in STEAM.
- Interact with the students in a positive manner during sessions.
- Manage time and coordinate transitions between sessions and breaks.
- Gather feedback from the students in casual conversations and class activities.
- Should donate his or her skills on an “as-needed” basis while providing general assistance during program and practical activities.
- Be an active participant in the class and lead by example bringing fresh perspective and enthusiasm for the work.
- Methods of teaching must be “in tune” with what the students best understand.
- Set up the work space with necessary equipments: tables, chairs, posters, props, computer systems, projectors, sound system etc.
- Keep training equipments safe (such as computers, robotics kit, etc) and report any operational issues to supervisor
- Keep your group of students on the same page by paying attention to their individual needs.
- Help students explore the interactive exhibits by adhering to instructions, demonstrating the activity, working as a team etc.
- Administer evaluation form or test to the students when required.
- Ensure that the curriculum is taught as stipulated for the duration of the program.
- Conduct periodic assessment tests and practical on the courses taught.
- Coordinate students to be safe during practical sessions which requires use of equipments such as soldering iron, wiring, etc.
- Liaise with W.TEC staff and assigned school/ centre representative on necessary things to be done.
- Be available at assigned school/ centre on training days.
- Must have at least an O’Level (S.S.C.E) result.
- Must have an IT background and be well-grounded in MS-Office package.
- Should be able to impact knowledge to younger ones.
- Approximately 6 hours each week for classes and class preparation at the training centre
- 3 full days in a month for Training
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application: Trainer-Volunteer
Deadline: Friday, April 7th, 2020.