WHY YOU SHOULD ENROL FOR SHECREATES 2021 VIRTUAL CAMP
The offering of W.TEC’s 2021 virtual Camp for girls tagged She Creates Next promises to be a game changer in the life of your daughter. We hereby share with you the compeling benefits for enroling your daughter with our summer camp in 2021.
WEEK 1 –UI/UX DESIGN : August 16 – 20 (Monday – Friday)
The appeal, design and functionality of a website or mobile app is critical for the success of the application and the traffic it can drive. Our UI/UX course will teach how to design the interface and functionality of online applications. Enroling your artistic daughter with this course will help her build new skills which are in high demand globally.
- Design System
- Content Creation
- Business Design Strategy
BENEFITS OF ENROLING FOR UI/UX
- Learning UI/UX design, Your Daughter would Master design elements like color, balance, typography, contract and more with UI/UX Design.
- Learning UI/UX Design, your Daughter would become a Design thinker using UI/UX design who are also Strategic Thinker.
- Learning UI/UX Design allows your Daughter become a Producer and a Technologist who Understands the need for Practicality.
- Learning UI/UX design enables your Daughter to take into Consideration the Circumstances, emotions and priorities of users during their daily lives, design for them and hopefully make things a little bit better.
- At the End of the Course your Daughter would leave prepared to launch a successful Web Design Career in UI/UX.
WEEK 2 – WEBSITE DESIGN :August 23 – 27 (Monday – Friday)
Web design is important because it impacts how your audience perceives your brand. Learning Website design affords one, numerous opportunities to starting your own business, setting up websites for others, securing your website better in light of cyber-attacks, increasing your employability chances and others. Enroling with this course will keep your wards highly competitive in the new tech space.
- How the web works
- Website security
- Responsive/user friendly web design
- Design of e-commerce websites and how they work
- WordPress setup and configurations
- Web design planning
- Website Widgets
- Woo Commerce setup
- E-commerce product categorization and filtering
- Processing Orders on Websites.
BENEFITS OF ENROLING FOR WEB DESIGN:
- Participants will learn all about how the web works.
- Participants will learn how to design and build a website.
- Participants will learn how to identify tools for building different kinds of websites
- Participants will be learning about what CMS (Content Management Systems) is all about and how best to utilize them
- Participants will have an understanding of how E-Commerce website are built.
- Participants will learn how to use WordPress efficiently as an intermediate WordPress developer.
- Participants will learn about web security best practices and how to secure WordPress websites.
- Participants will Learn about user friendly websites and best practices
- Participants will learn about web hosting after development.
WEEK 3 – AI WITH PYTHON PROGRAMMING: August 30 – September 3 (Monday – Friday)
AI technology (Artificial Intelligence) is important today and highly pursued because it enables human capabilities – understanding, reasoning, planning, communication and perception – to be undertaken by software increasingly effectively, efficiently and at low cost. Thus Ai and Python Programing is one of the topmost sought-after and lucrative ICT skills in the World today. Learning Ai with Python by your daughter in SheCreatesNext Camp will give her the opportunity to learn two – top ICT skills for a modest fee during her holidays.
- Basics of Python Programming
- Taking User Inputs in Python Programming
- Creating modules and packages for AI
- Functional Programming
- Using 3rd party modules
- Understanding Basics of AI
- Building an AI application like Google Assistant
- What Can We Now do?
BENEFITS OF ENROLING FOR AI WITH PYTHON PROGRAMMING
- Forbes.com cites AI (Artificial Intelligence) as one of the topmost sought-after and lucrative ICT skills in the World today.
- Learning Ai gives students the ability to perform their studies better on the internet and also do their research work more efficiently.
- Learning Ai with Python provides your daughter the opportunity to learn two – top ICT skills for a modest fee during her holidays.
- Learning Ai in SheCreatesNext gives your daughter a big head starts on skills which will form the major foundations for ICT subject she will be learning in secondary school.
- Learning AI development gives your daughter a broader view of the ICT sector and more options on what to study in ICT if she intends to pursue ICT for her career path.
- Learning Python programming alongside Ai will give your daughter the opportunity to have global recognized, competitive ICT skills.
- Learning Ai and Python programming broadens your daughter’s knowledge of the ICT sector plus its opportunities.
- At the end of the course your daughter will be able to design and build a personalized app like Google Assistant and Apple Siri.
WEEK 4 – FILM EDITING: September 6 – 10 (Monday – Friday)
Film editing is both a creative and a technical part of the post-production process of filmmaking. Today the process is a totally digital and its product is basically used digitally on the internet, TV, Social Media, Corporate Presentations and have you. Learning Film Editing in the Camp will introduce and train your daughter to an interesting and fun skill which is needed in all spheres of life with numerous opportunities.
- Introduced to the world of Film Editing.
- How to download and install free Film Editing application like Openshot.
- Basics of Film Editing tools and skills applicable to many other Film Editing applications.
- Higher Film Editing skills involving, music, text and transitions and others.
- Rules of uploading and sharing of Edited Films.
- The business side to Film Editing.
- The many uses for Film Editing and career opportunities.
BENEFITS OF ENROLING FOR FILM EDITING
- Learning Film Editing creates career opportunities for your daughter across my professions.
- Better presentations
- Applicable in all spheres of life
- Learning Film Editing allows one to acquire a foundation skill for other big tech fields like 3d animation, film production, online media management.
- Film Editing skills and knowledge is critical to achieving efficient presentations and communications presented on social media.
- Film Editing skills have countless opportunities to make money.
- Videos posted on social media gets good attention on social media your capability to produce videos gives you a big advantage to share with the world your offering at a far cheaper cost.
- Film Editing skills will save you money hiring others to package your videos when the needs arises, and such always arises in school work, corporate presentations, family videos, social media videos, adverts for small businesses and others.
The W.TEC She Creates Camp is highly competitive and we would love that your girls participate, so kindly apply early.
Payment Per Week: N30,000
5 % Off Multiple Enrolments
*(More Than One Participant)
10% Off Full Camp Registration
AWARDS WON BY W.TEC CAMP
CAMP GALLERY FROM PREVIOUS CAMPS
ABOUT SHE CREATES CAMP
The SHE CREATES CAMP is an award winning STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Maths) camp programme for girls, aged 13 to 17 years. Since its inception in 2008 the camp has been a residential camp in Lagos and after expansion to other states it has featured non residential camps for girls in Ibadan (Oyo State), Awka (Anambra State), Ilorin (Kwara State).
The camp programme helps to intervene early, combat stereotypes and tackle the technology gender divide. The camps this year is slated to hold in Lagos(residential) , Kwara (Ilorin State) and Awka (Anambra State).
The camps provides a high quality and exciting environment where the girls learn to create useful technologies for everyday living through high insightful sessions like; computer programming, robotics, mobile application development, graphics designing, renewable energy, digital film production, artificial intelligence(AI), chemical science, digital electronics technology, and digital animation programming. Thus this helps schoolgirls develop an early interest in computer science, information technology, Engineering, Medicine and other STEAM related careers.
In addition, through a mix of classes, career talks, workshops, presentations, excursions and leadership exercises, we endeavor to build strong, intelligent and focused young women, well-prepared for living and working in an increasingly technology-driven world.
Partners for the camp programme and supporters have included Union Bank, MainOne, General Electric, Internet Society (ISOC), Intel, Amadeus, Google, Microsoft, World Bank, Swift Networks, Omatek Computers, Rutgers University Women in Computer Science Department, Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology, Lagos State Ministry of Education and Laureates College – Lagos.
Feed back from evaluation and follow-up with alumnae of the camp indicates the following:
- 57% of alumnae surveyed are using the technology skills and knowledge gained to generate income.
- 86% of girl-alumnae surveyed were inspired to pursue a stem-related career path.
- 55% of camp alumnae surveyed are pursuing careers in STEM related fields.
The camp also enlists participants into a functional Alumna Network which is a sisterhood of women in technology. The long term objective of the network is forge a community of women who support each other and sustain the continuity of W.TEC in years to come.
We have for you a rich multi-media library of the camp which features videos of past sessions, testimonial of participants, presentation of projects built during the past camps and an alumna showcase webpage.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE CAMP
1. To inspire a love for technology by delivering challenging and engaging hands-on technology workshops and classes.
- To encourage girls to explore technology careers, by giving a realistic and positive idea of technology-related careers through career talks and career-themed films.
- Help girls plan their future careers with the assistance of mentors and women currently working in these fields.
- To encourage out-of-the-box thinking by helping girls develop critical thinking skills within a nurturing the environment, while gaining fundamental life skills such as etiquette, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Establish a network of technology-fluent alumni and mentors, where interactions with female role models in the technology field are encouraged.
Partners who have shown their supports towards making our goals and objectives become a reality includes Google.org, Global Giving, SAGE Foundation, Swift Networks Ltd, and Laureates College – Lagos. For our media publicity includes: Bella Naija.