EARLY INNOVATORS CAMP
Early Innovators Camp (Tech Camp for Kids)
The Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (W.TEC) is now accepting application for the 2020 W.TEC Early Innovators Virtual Camp, a 4 weeks camp, opened to girls and boys aged 5 to 10 years old, which teaches technology in a fun way and utilizes a hands-on and project-based methodology.
The goal of the W.TEC Early Innovators Camp is to create a generation of young programmers, designers, and entrepreneurs who can innovatively build amazing games, apps, and more. The camp aims to making computer programming incredibly fun and engaging for students through game design, animation and video creation. Students will gain the motivation to learn to code in actual development environments while developing real world skills.
Through our innovative curricula, student centered approach, and cutting edge technologies, we are certain to enrich the lives of our students with 21st century technology skills. Our seasoned Instructors will guild students to use creative problem solving skills to work through programming problems and use their creativity in an interactive medium.
Overview of camp offerings:
Module 1- Animation Programming with Scratch: July 13 – July 17 (Mon-Fri)
Module 2-: Game Design with Roblox: July 20 – July 24 (Mon-Fri)
Module 3- Video game design with Kodu: July 27 – July 31 (Mon-Fri)
Module 4- Video Production: Aug 03 – Aug 07 (Mon-Fri)
Cost: N 10,000 per Module (Highly-subsidized fee)
Register: Fill the online form
Phone: +234 812 418 3666, +234 808 169 0699
The Early Innovators camp is a 2-week tech fun learning experience for kids between the ages of 5 – 10 years.
The aim of the non-residential camp is to harness the innate curiosity of children by introducing them to computing and science concepts through play and exploration, there-by providing them with early inspiration to solving significant problems around them by exploring information and communication technology (ICTs).
The camp is designed to spark and awakened the ICT talents of participants which will become handy for them as they progress with their studies. Feedback from our last editions indicate ta general improvement of the kids in their interest of computers and other internet enabled devices.
Camp Media Gallery
Camp Videos: 2018 camp videos
- What is the age range for the camp? The camp is for kids between 5 – 10 years.
- Is the camp only for girls? The camp is open to both girls and boys.
- Can my kids sleep over during the camp? The camp is a non-residential camp with no provisions for staying overnight for participants.
- Do you have good hands to take care of the kids? We have well trained personnel who have experience in teaching for school pupils.
- How much does the camp cost? The camp cost N10,000 only
- For how long have you held the camp for kids? The upcoming edition will be the 3rd in 3years.
- Can I pick up my child late every day after classes? We charge an additional token for late pickups.