W.TEC Empowers 55 Women in Business in Kwara State
The Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (WTEC) recently held a graduation ceremony in Kwara State for 55 participants of her technology training programme for women in business tagged SHE CAN with ICT. The gradians were participants of 2 sets of cohorts organized by W.TEC in partnership with KWASIMA and the MINISTRY OF COMMERCE from January to February.
Each cohort was a 4-week comprehensive training designed to improve the productivity and profitability of female owned businesses, by equipping them with in-depth practical digital technology skills and tools to catalyse their entrepreneurial growth. The following were their courses:
Week 1: Market Research and Analysis
Week 2: Developing a Technology Strategy & Strategic Use of Productivity Tools
Week 3: Video Marketing for Entrepreneurs
Week 4: Website Design & Management for Entrepreneurs
At the end of the programme, a total of 55 participants graduated from the programme trained. During the Cohorts WhatsApp group were created to follow-up and respond to question after the classes in case participants have issues with their projects and to share information. as well Training manuals given to all participants.
The graduation ceremony which was a huge success was held at Mustapha Akanbi Library, GRA, Ilorin on Tuesday 21st February 2023, the well-attended event was by distinguished members of government bodies and and corporate bodies in the state. The programme of the ceremony featured a mentorship session to the graduating participants and presentation of certificates and seed grant. The following were the speakers at the event:
- Welcome Address -Maryam Abdulsalam – Programme Manager (W.TEC).
- Goodwill message – Alhaja Ojibara (Director of Cooperatives) Representative Kwara State Government
- Mentorship session – Mariam lawal was the main guest speaker/mentor CEO Mariam Trish collections
after the event also featured presentation of certificates of participation to participants while the winning feasibility report submitted by so was presented with seed grants to support their businesses.
The following are the participants whose feasibility reports won the seed grants:
1. Salman Yetunde (YETUNDE SALMAN DESIGNS)
2. Adeoti Comfort Oluwakemi (Comforting Homemade Body Care)
3. Garba Maryam Gausau (Mggee’s Pastry Home)
Special thanks to our programme partners in Kwara State who made the training programme a great success, they include the following:
- National Library – Ilorin, Kwara State
- KWACCIMA – Kwara Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines & Agriculture.
- NASME – Nigerian Association of Small and Medium Enterprises
- Mr Ahmad Lawal (CEO Hairsense)
We appreciate their wonderful co-operation and look forward to doing lots of amazing work in the future.
Furthermore, the SHECANWITHICT programme in Kwara State and Lagos State by W.TEC is done in collaboration with Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation.