Job Vacancy At W.TEC - Admin/Finance Officer
The Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (W.TEC) is now accepting applications for an Admin & Finance Officer. We urge you to share this information with anyone you believe is eligible. The following is the main duties for the position:
Submission Deadline: Friday September 3rd 2021
Date: August 26, 2021
Position Title: Administrative & Finance Officer
Supervisor: This position reports to the Executive Director
Location: Lagos (Onsite & Remote)
The Administrative & Finance Officer will manage and execute administrative, project, and executive support activities. The Administrative & Finance Officer will serve as the principle point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external stakeholders. The Administrative & Finance Officer will predominantly provide specialist administrative services as appropriate in such areas as fiscal management; public/community relations; and business administration for the office across different projects.
- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office in line with the set-down policies, procedures, and systems to ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Provides assistance and support to the Executive Director in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives across projects.
- Oversees and facilitates resources management and administration procedures and documentation for the project and for the Executive Director.
- Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the project.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings and other special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and participates in committee discussions, as appropriate.
- Provides and/or oversees provision of staff support to the office, to include handling walk-up and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
- Oversee outsourced staff e.g. security personnel and cleaning staff to ensure a safe and comfortable work space.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with vendors and service providers.
- Oversees the operation of office and programme accounts, and plans and monitors expenditures; as appropriate, develops and/or coordinates budgets for the office and associated accounts.
- Coordinates periodic payments, such as Pay as You Earn (PAYE) tax, Withholding (WHT) tax and National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) payments.
- Coordinate certain reports and correspondences, such as monthly sending of pension schedules and SCUML reports and annual tax return filing.
- Receive and forward expense requests for approval
- Disburse petty cash
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Work weeks are 5 days, Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm and is a mix of onsite and remote work
- Involves supporting community engagement, outreach, and work with women and girls
- May be assigned tasks with changing priorities
- May be required to work extra hours
- Job is based in Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria, and the ideal candidate should live close by
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Nigeria
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree (a degree in a Business, Accounting or Human Resources course is a plus)
- Have at least 2 years of directly related experience in at least one of the following functional areas: accounting & finance services, budgeting, administration and/or human resources
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Financial records maintenance skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities in English required
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software
- Punctual, meticulous, detail-oriented and reliable
- Patient and friendly manner with donors, partners, clients, staff, stakeholders and public
- High level of creativity, initiative, ability to multi-task, and commitment to team work
Please send a resume, writing sample and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Application: Admin & Finance Officer.”
The Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (W.TEC) is a Nigerian nonprofit organisation committed to building a more inclusive technology ecosystem, with the next generation of women technology creators, entrepreneurs and leaders. Our programmes encourage more girls to pursue technology careers and support women (entrepreneurs and in civil society) to use technology confidently to increase their economic power and ability to speak about issues affecting their lives. This is done through technology training, technology-based projects, mentoring, work placement and research. W.TEC works in partnership with local and international NGOs, educational and research organizations.